DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at SriGuru Institute of Technology has a rich tradition in quality teaching, research and service. It was established in the year 2009 with the intent of raising highly qualified Engineers who can make substantial contribution to the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department has strength of 126 students guided by a team of devoted and diligent staff members. Several Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses are offered by our department. The PG programme includes Communication Systems. The Department has well equipped laboratories and several advanced softwares that add pride to our department and they are well equipped with modern equipments under the supervision of qualified technical support staffs. To provide remote access to labs, Online virtual labs are provided to cater our students at UG and PG levels. The department has library facilitating the academic work of the staff and students. The department has good and consistent placement record with students placed in many Core and IT companies.
MICROWAVE & OPTICAL LABORATORY
- In Microwave laboratory the students are exposed to the microwave active devices like Klystron, Gunn Diode and Passive Devices Isolator, Circulator, Slide Screw Tuner, Magic Tee, Directional Coupler, Horn Antenna, Attenuator, Terminations.
- The Optical Communication laboratory is setup to complement the topics studied in the Optical Communication theory course.
- The laboratory is equipped with Fiber Optic Trainer Kits and Modules to enable the study of components of an Optical Communication System.
- The students perform experiments to study the characteristics of Optical Sources (LED & LD) and Optical Detectors (LD & APD) and Optical Fibers.
- The Optical laboratory has Numerical Aperture Device, Eye Pattern Device and different Trainer Kits.
- A well established laboratory with high configuration systems , where students practice and analyzing the Communication Systems through Network Software such as OPNET IT Guru Academic Edition , Netsim etc.
- These can improve their practical knowledge by analyzing real time implementation using VI-LAN Trainer kit and Xilinx Software.
DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING (DSP)/ VLSI LABORATORY
- The Digital Signal Processing and VLSI applications are becoming more prevalent in everyday use.
- The field of DSP/VLSI was developed due to the flexibility offered by the use of digital computers in implementing signal processing algorithms and systems.
- There is a constant need for designing systems with lower power, higher speed and lower area. The DSP/VLSI lab is equipped with hordes of personal computers.
- The students enrich their knowledge by using the software tools likePcs With Fixed/Floating Point Dsp, Processors (Kit/Add-On Cards),Matlab With Simulink And Signal Processing Tool Box, Function Generators(1 MHz),CRO (20 Mhz),modelsim,
- HDL Designer Pro and cadence, Xilinx ISE Design Software,VLSI FPGA Trainer Kit 500k Gate Density,Pspice Software System.
DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LABORATORY
- In this laboratory a number of Digital ICS are available to get the knowledge about logical circuits and their components for the students.
- Analog and Digital Trainer kit are used to built combinational and sequential circuits. This lab comprises of Digital IC, Tester, Power Supply, Multimeter, Computer with HDL software Installed.
LINEAR INTEGRATED CIRCUITS LABORATORY
- Linear Integrated Circuits & Simulation lab is very important for designing the characteristics of OP-AMP, 555Timer IC and to simulate the applications of OP-AMP.
- It is also used for designing the Electronic circuits-1. Students of various branches design and test their circuits as part of their curriculum.
- Guidance is provided to the students by a team of expert faculty and lab technicians.
- The labs are kept open after the college hours to enable the students to engage themselves in designing /testing the circuits in their leisure hours.
- Students are grouped into small teams and guided to do their mini projects by using the facility such as Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Dual Power Supplies, and Digital Multimeter.
ELECTRONIC DEVICES & CIRCUIT’S LABORATORY
- Electronics laboratory is special and well equipped with the latest Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Digital Trainer Kits and Measuring Instruments.
- Students are grouped into small teams and guided to do their mini projects by using the facility such as Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Dual Power Supplies, Various Types of Active and Passive Devices, Variable DC Power Supply (0-30V), Fixed Power Supply +/– 12V,CRO 30MHz,Multimeter (Digital),Multimeter (Analog),Function Generator 1 MHz, Digital LCR Meter, PC with SPICE Simulation Software.
MICROPROCESSOR & MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY
- Microprocessor laboratory helps the students enhance their knowledge about various processors such as 8085, 8086, Micro controllers and also the interfacing of these processors with other equipment.
- Students from other branch of Engineering and Sciences also come to this laboratory and develop their skills in the field of Microprocessor and its applications.
- The features and facilities available in this laboratory will help the students to do their projects and enhance their knowledge about the latest trends and technologies.
- This laboratory has components such as 8086 Trainer, 8051 Trainer, 8255 Interfacing Card,8279 Interfacing Card, 8259 Interfacing Card,8251 & 8253 Interfacing Card, ADC Interfacing Card, DAC Interfacing Card, Stepper Motor Interfacing Card, Dc Motor Interfacing Card and Traffic light controller Interfacing card.
ELECTRONIC SYSTEM DESIGN LABORATORY
- A number of Trainer Kits available in this Electronic System Design laboratory such as AC / DC Voltage Regulator using SCR Kit, Process Control Timer Kit, Microprocessor based System Design for LVDT, Strain Gauge, Pressure, LDR, TC kit, acquisition and storage of Signals through Serial Port Kit.
- PC Based Data acquisition using Add- on card / USB Kit, DC Motor Speed Control using Digital Logic Circuit Kit and the MATLAB software are available in which the students are trained to do the experiments in the software on realization of filters, FFT and Convolution etc..